Report an abandoned vehicle
We aim to remove all genuinely abandoned vehicles from roads and pavements as quickly as possible and to dispose of any unwanted vehicles belonging to residents.
- inspect all reported abandoned vehicles prior to removal and disposal
- report all suspected stolen vehicles to the police
- report all claimed vehicles that are untaxed to the DVLA
- remove all abandoned vehicles from the public highway and from other open land, where the permission of the property owner has been given at cost to the Property Owner
- ensure our contractors work safely and efficiently and dispose of all removed vehicles in an authorised manner.
We aim to meet the following standards:
- inspect abandoned vehicles within two working days of them being reported
- remove from the highway within 48 hours of inspection, all abandoned vehicles that we consider to be a danger to the public
- place a 24 hour, 7 or 15 day notice on any vehicle considered to be abandoned, declaring our intention to remove and destroy it
- answer your letters within 15 working days of receipt.
You can help by:
- providing us with the registration number, colour, make and model and exact location of any suspected abandoned vehicle
- telling us of any changes in the condition or location of a suspected abandoned vehicle after you have initially reported it.